quarta-feira, 15 de abril de 2009

I dont get it...

By all mean I do not wish to be so negative in this blog. However, it is always when something is bothering me that I feel like writing. We could say it is not so "fun" when everything is so good. If I wrote that I had a nice day, the sun was shining, I wouldn't say the blog will become so much "interesting". Not that I think that many people read it. But for the few friends and relatives' sake, I will do it in a way that it is not a pain in the ass to read.
Anyway, I dont get it...
Once again, the Danes. Before anybody makes any misjudgement, I love this country and its people. As well as I do for those in Brazil and US, where I lived. But I do not think that it is bad to be critical about people/countries that you care about. Actually, it is better because you do not become an, what in Portuguese would be, "alienado".
So, what I was wondering were two little things:
1) The Little Mermaid, a symbol of Copenhagen (actually drawed in one of the most known tourism organisation) is going to China for an exposition. It will take 8 months and she will come back. Everybody happy. Chinese people would get to see some danish attractions, and we could also say that it would market the Danish tourism.
But there are some people who are not satisfied with that. Well, maybe those are the only which the media decides to show. They say that "taking" the Little Mermaid from Copenhagen will make the city lose its symbol and give a reason for the tourist not to come to Copenhagen.
First of all, I have never seen them so interested in the Little Mermaid. As far as I felt, nobody actually gives a s***. It is only something they see once, and show some visitors when they are going on a trip to Copenhagen. Besides that, it is nothing that they showed so much care about.
Second of all, Copenhagen has so many great things. And how would such small statue make a difference? People go there, take a picture and then go see something else.
Suddenly, some people got mad and said that it was wrong to take the Little Mermaid to China. Some even said that "what if we take the Eifel Tower and the Statue of Liberty". I got the idea, but the example was horrible.

2) The former prime-minister from Denmark is now NATO's general, or something like that. A post that is very important, by the way. The only thing is that I didnt hear so many good things about the prime-minister when he was in duty. How in the hell could then the people who were criticizing him be so interested in having him in NATO. Not that NATO and Denmark are the same, but if you don't think that a person is good in running a country, how could it be possible to be running an international military organisation?


I dont get it. The media criticized him, and then cheered when he was chosen to go to NATO.
The media shows mostly the people who are angry with the Little Mermaid "going away for 8 months".
The funny thing is that many people just repeat what the media says. They read their newspaper, and if it says that the prime minister is bad, they will say he is bad. If the media says that he is good, they will cheer for him.
Bla bla bla, all going to the same thing of the influence of the media on people... so well, what I got from my lesson is that, even though I might trust/love something/somebody, it does not mean that we cant be critical about it.

Nenhum comentário: